Sunday, May 25, 2008

First few days - Detroit->Washington->Dublin

I started my trip driving to the Detroit airport at 5:30am and then flying to Washington DC. I went to see my aunt and cousins who live near the city, and then I drove to Dulles airport. I left for London at 7:00pm, and arrived in Dublin around 6:00am EST.

I've had an awsome couple of days, travelling to Dublin and meeting the O'Gormans. I stayed my first night in a hotel just down the street from the church, and I was so tired I forgot to take any pictures. I did get some during the day though, so I'll have to get some of the church and hotel later. I arrived in Dublin around 11:00 GMT on Saturday, May 24. I quickly realized that I did not know how to use my cell, and I could not get ahold of the O'Gormans. I decided to get a bus to downtown, and see if I could get to the church. As it turned out, I didn't see the O'Gormans till Sunday morning when I went to the church services. Any way, enjoy the pictures I've got so far, I'll post some more when I get them!

In the car at 5:30am going to Detroit airport... Abby looks a little out of it;-)














On the plane...I'm still not awake















My rental car in Washington...

















The line for customs at the airport was looooong!















Big plane!
















Eden Quay, downtown Dublin...















On the bus
















Dublin







It was so beautiful in Dublin when I arrived, it didn't even cloud up till this afternoon...

3 comments:

Abigail Joshua said...

Hey Hey! Sorry I woke you up, but it was great talkin to ya:-) The pix are awesome- I looked asleep cuz I was! The pictures of yourself are lovely:-) Nice car!!! And Ireland looks beautiful!!! Luv ya

Anonymous said...

Sweet car!Its awesome!I hope your having a good time.
love ya,
Phoebe

Shannon Culver said...

George -
I'll be praying for you in your great travel adventure! I'm excited for you, and know you'll learn and grow a lot during this time. Keep blogging so the rest of us can enjoy your travels!
Shannon