Thursday, May 29, 2008

Castles, cliffs, and caves

Sorry about the long wait, I've had a busy couple of days. I went to the west of Ireland, and visited the Cliffs of Moher. Along the way I got some good shots of the countryside and some castles. I also got the chance to visit a cave in the Burren...which is gaelic for "Place of Rock". Here are some pictures...

Irish Countryside















Bunratty Castle














and Dungare Castle















Galway Bay












Cliffs of Moher




















































Ailwee Cave




























I'm in London now, and I'm going to be taking many more pictures. I'll try to get them up sooner though:) I'm having a great time, and eating some good food...check out the seafood chowder soup and "fries" that I had at a little place in Ireland.

3 comments:

5kkz said...

I like the countryside pictures.

Abigail Joshua said...

Oh my starz!!! It is SOOOO beautiful, I wish I were there:-( That food looked yummy too;-) Don't have too much fun!
luv ya

Unknown said...

Hey George! I just saw your pictures! It was neat to see some of the same places that I recognized. When you were in Vienna did you go up into St. Stephen's Church? We went inside it but never went up into the tower. And I also recognized a bunch of stuff in Fussen. Like you, one of the days that I was there was rather overcast. the other day was nice. Those were great pics from the bridge though. Seeing those really made me want to go back!