Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Amsterdam, Vienna

Amsterdam canals...


























I stayed in Amsterdam for almost two days, but the first day, I pretty much just stayed at my hotel and rested. I had some traditional Dutch food (at least that´s what the menu claimed) and I went to the Rijksmuseum and saw paintings by Dutch masters like Rembrandt. I was not allowed to take any pictures, but I got some of the outside of the museum...














I also went to see Anne Franks house, where she and her family stayed during the Nazi occupation. At one point as we were walking through the house, I thought that none of the rooms were really hidden. I felt like we had reached the end of the house and I did not think that there was anything else. At the back of one of the rooms, I saw a bookcase kind of standing away from the wall. When I stepped behind it, I saw another four rooms on two stories. It was really amazing that all that space was there. I got some pictures of the outside of the house, and of the street opposite...

















You can see that the house just looks like four or five stories, but actually, it has 7















I tried to go on a bike ride to see some dikes and windmills and so on, but I couldn´t find anything close enough to the city. I did get a long bike ride though (and a sore bottom.) This is as much of the countryside as I could find...



























From Amsterdam, I took a night train to Vienna and arrived on Tuesday morning. I went to a couple of museums, and a lot of churches. I also rode an 80 yr old ferris wheel, and got some great pictures. As it turned out, that night the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra was giving a concert at a castle near my hotel, and it was free, so I went. It was awesome, and I got some pictures. Unfortunately, a couple of days ago when I was uploading the pictures, the computer that I was using crashed. I still have the card that the pictures were stored on, but I have to find an undelete program to recover them. I will post them as soon as I get them back.

Anyway, today I am going to see some castles in Germany, and I hope it doesn´t rain!

2 comments:

Abigail Joshua said...

Wow, that is so awesome! I hope your pictures aren't deleted forever:-( That would really stink! Hope you aren't having too much fun without me:-P J/K - have a blast! Luv ya

jake said...

Dude I hope so, because those would be some cool pixs. Obviously you having an awesome time! Thats cool, see ya!:)